Subject: Re: [boost] Windows Binary Builds
From: Antony Polukhin (antoshkka_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-16 03:14:46

2013/4/16 Tom Kent <lists_at_[hidden]>:
> All the scripts I use to build these (assume visual studio pro 8.0, 9.0,
> 10.0, and 11.0) are on my github account at:
> https://github.com/teeks99/boost-build
>
> If you want to see for yourself, I have the 1.53 installers on my website
> at:
> http://boost.teeks99.com/bin/boost_1_53_0-msvc-8.0-32.exe
> http://boost.teeks99.com/bin/boost_1_53_0-msvc-9.0-32.exe
> http://boost.teeks99.com/bin/boost_1_53_0-msvc-10.0-32.exe
> http://boost.teeks99.com/bin/boost_1_53_0-msvc-11.0-32.exe
> http://boost.teeks99.com/bin/boost_1_53_0-msvc-8.0-64.exe
> http://boost.teeks99.com/bin/boost_1_53_0-msvc-9.0-64.exe
> http://boost.teeks99.com/bin/boost_1_53_0-msvc-10.0-64.exe
> http://boost.teeks99.com/bin/boost_1_53_0-msvc-11.0-64.exe
>
> If we like this going forward, I'd be happy to upload these to sourceforge
> for each release, instead of having to go to my site for them.
>
> Thoughts?
> Tom Kent

That's a great work, thanks!

I was just thinking about the following features:
* It would be great to integrate such functionality into b2. So that
any user and distro builder can make its own installers for OS by
running command ./b2 installers
* Some Linux distros split Boost libraries into smaller parts:
libboost-dev (headers, static and debug libraries), libboost-doc,
libboost-thread (runtime library), libboost-* (some other runtime
libraries), boost-all.
* We may provide .torrent files (or magnet links) right on the
boost.org website in Download section (like some Linux distros do) if
sourceforge can not store so many binary data

--
Best regards,
Antony Polukhin