Subject: Re: [boost] Google Summer of Code 2013 - Boost.org - Boost.Multiprecision
From: Saurav (online.saurav_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-16 09:21:48

Hi Christopher!
Thanks for your reply.

You should try to look into the book that I linked
> in the project description and be in a position
> to describe how you might tackle some of
> these algorithms.
>
> Currently I am going through the code, documents and PDF file which
contains the algorithms. Please suggest next steps as you find appropriate.

> In addition, you should try to get a simple
> project up and running that simply *uses*
> and tests Boost.Multiprecision's cpp_dec_float.
>
> Try a Gamma function, or Bessel functions.
> Verify the results with, for example, Wolfram's Alpha.
>
> I have attached the zip file containing the assignment. It contains 4
files:

   - sample_use_boost_float.hpp - [1]
   - test_sample_use_boost_float.cpp - [2]
   - output1.txt - [3]
   - output2.txt - [4]

The header only file [1] contains the template class definition for the
following:

   - Bessel functions (1st and 2nd kind)
   - Gamma function
   - sinc() function

In addition, zip file contains the tests [2] for multiprecision float
expressions of the aforementioned functions. The results have been tested
against values directly from Wolfram Alpha.

[3] is the console output on a successful run of tests. [4] has been also
provided for example output of unsuccessful run of tests.

Kindly have a look and comment.

Best regards,
Saurav