Subject: Re: [boost] Using both boost 64 and 32 bit on Windows with CMake
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-16 16:46:06

On Tuesday 16 April 2013 22:05:34 Klaim - Joël Lamotte wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 7:36 PM, Andrey Semashev
>
> <andrey.semashev_at_[hidden]>wrote:
> > You're not bound to these particular variables. CMake scripts can use
> > environment varables and command line switches, which covers different
> > configurations quite well. Just define a couple of your configuration
> > variables for different targets and be done with it. You can even create
> > your
> > own CMake module that handles all the configuration specifics you have.
>
> Yes, but it don't solve the problem "in general as there is no general way
> to identify boost binaries other than the
> native ones. Which means even if I provide a FindBoost version which is
> modified (like Michael's one)
> it will only work if the developer have put the binaries the way I decided
> they should be, not in a "conventional" way,
> which is my problem.

There is no "conventional" way on Windows, except for System32 and SysWOW64
folders for runtime libraries (which, I believe, is not your problem at this
point, and should not be used directly anyway). Basically, you have to choose
directory layout for every project you build. Whether or not you choose a
particular layout as your convention is up to you.