Subject: Re: [boost] [gsoc-2013] Boost.Expected
From: Pierre T. (ptalbot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-19 10:36:40

On 04/13/2013 12:57 PM, Klaim - Joël Lamotte wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 8:38 AM, Pierre T. <ptalbot_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> I can code a "proof of concept" if you think this is a good idea.
>
> I'm willing to test it in real application if you make an implementation.
> I think it is necessary to check the usability of this kind of library
> directly in practice instead of pondering based on assumptions.
> It's hard to figure out the side effects or using this tool. (at least to
> me)
Hello,

I gave a try at the implementation of the expected_or_error class.
I used the boost layout to package the implementation, you can download
it here : http://www.hyc.io/boost/expected.zip
Finally, feel free to explore the documentation I wrote
http://www.hyc.io/boost/index.html

Note: In the example folder, the "b2" command never terminates (but
correctly generates binaries), I can't figure out why.

Please, do not hesitate to give me advices and critics to improve this
library and my future proposal.

Thank you,
Pierre Talbot.