Subject: Re: [boost] [gsoc-2013] Boost.Expected
From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-20 04:50:44

Le 19/04/13 16:36, Pierre T. a écrit :
> On 04/13/2013 12:57 PM, Klaim - Joël Lamotte wrote:
>> On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 8:38 AM, Pierre T. <ptalbot_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>>> I can code a "proof of concept" if you think this is a good idea.
>>
>> I'm willing to test it in real application if you make an
>> implementation.
>> I think it is necessary to check the usability of this kind of library
>> directly in practice instead of pondering based on assumptions.
>> It's hard to figure out the side effects or using this tool. (at
>> least to
>> me)
> Hello,
>
> I gave a try at the implementation of the expected_or_error class.
> I used the boost layout to package the implementation, you can
> download it here : http://www.hyc.io/boost/expected.zip
> Finally, feel free to explore the documentation I wrote
> http://www.hyc.io/boost/index.html
>
> Please, do not hesitate to give me advices and critics to improve this
> library and my future proposal.

Hi,

glad to see you are exploring the different alternatives. This is really
a good starting point.

See attached my draft (not tested) of expected which is based on
Alexandrescu class but adapted to boost notation and making it portable
to c++98 compilers. In addition I added some additional helper functions.

Now it is time to make a concrete proposal for you candidature.

Best,
Vicente