Subject: [boost] [GSoC 2013] Moving to Boost to Boost.Move
From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-27 02:21:39

Hi,

In case there are some students that are looking for a last idea.

There a re a lot of Boost libraries that don't support move semantics.
It would be nice if one student propose to adapt the some of the
existing libraries.

The idea is to use Boost.Move so that an emulation is provided for
compilers not supporting rvalue references.

Some of the libraries (let me know if I'm wrong are). My priority is
given between [], lower numbers means higher priority. Of course others
would have others priorities:

C++11
* [0] Tuple or * Fusion/tuple (it seems that it support or will support
c++11 move semantics but don't use Boost.Move)
* [0] Bind
* [1] Function
* [2] SmartPtr
* [8] Array ?

Accepted for C++14
* [5] optional

Having an active proposal for C++1y
* [3] Heaps
* [6] Any
* [7] Variant

Other
* [4] LockFree
* [9] Parameters
* [10] Signals?

Please help me to complete this list.

Adding constexpre and noexcept would be welcome also.

Best,
Vicente