Subject: Re: [boost] [GSoC 2013] Moving to Boost to Boost.Move
From: Antony Polukhin (antoshkka_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-27 03:05:02

2013/4/27 Vicente J. Botet Escriba <vicente.botet_at_[hidden]>:
> Hi,
>
> In case there are some students that are looking for a last idea.
>
> There a re a lot of Boost libraries that don't support move semantics.
> It would be nice if one student propose to adapt the some of the existing
> libraries.
>
> The idea is to use Boost.Move so that an emulation is provided for compilers
> not supporting rvalue references.
<...>

> Accepted for C++14
> * [5] optional
As I know author of the library is now working on that.

> * [1] Function
Added move assignment and move constructor for C++11 compilers a few
releases ago.

> * [6] Any
Added rvalues support to trunk version for C++11 compilers

> * [7] Variant
Rvalues work since last release for C++11 compilers

Boost.Move is not always suitable for old libraries, it may break
users code http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_53_0/doc/html/move/emulation_limitations.html#move.emulation_limitations.assignment_operator
. There was a thread about that
http://lists.boost.org/Archives/Ioost/2013/04/202436.php .

It would be great to provide rvalue references for old Boost libraries
just for C++11 compatible compilers, without Boost.Move usage.

Also, I would like to add
* [6] Bimap
to list.

--