Subject: [boost] GSoC 2013 Bernoulli Numbers
From: David Joy (david.joy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-28 10:29:35

Hi,

I'm an Open University student completing my Open degree this summer
(CompSci / Pure- & Applied Maths / Classical History) and am very interested
in the Bernoulli numbers project for the Google Summer of Code. As well as
the OU I've done quite a bit of mathematics elsewhere (Durham and KCL).
Enclosed is my (naive) response to your challenge to implement the
Akiyama–Tanigawa algorithm.

I use the Boost framework for rational numbers, so as not to lose precision
(though haven't yet adapted the solution for arbitrary precision numbers).
[It would be more aesthetically pleasing if I could write the main algorithm
in a STL-style so that it iterates of the vector, rather than explicitly
using an index.]

I have yet to get to grips with Boost.Test, but the enclosed shell script
can generate a list of results, which matches the table found on the
Bernoulli Number Page <http://www.bernoulli.org/> out to B_20.

All code criticism gratefully accepted,

David

Bernoulli.cpp