Subject: Re: [boost] [GSOC] XML library of Boost
From: Boris Schaeling (boris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-01 17:38:30

On Wed, 01 May 2013 22:16:02 +0200, Stefan Seefeld <stefan_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> [...]
>> Then I think this project can be divided into two parts.
>> 1. Define a good API and map it to some 3rd-party libraries such as
>> libxml2.
>> 2. Implement a simple xml library for boost.
>
> I think 2. is far too ambitious for a GSoC project. I'd thus focus on 1.
> Specifically, I would start with existing C++ XML APIs (including my
> boost.xml sandbox project, as well as arabica), and improve and refine
> them, as appropriate.

I agree with Stefan. Your application is good enough if it "only" covers
item 1, Mingchao. If you happen to be done with item 1 before the GSoC
project ends you could still work on item 2 if you wanted. But I would
rather want to overperform than risk failing to deliver item 2. :)

Boris