Subject: Re: [boost] [math][constants] mathematical constants page deserves to be more visible in the documentation
From: Alec Ross (alec_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-03 03:16:44

In message
<CAMCxpGtbfOjeTo5zcfNamwzwLp7E4BRqnQyAXa2g-PafseZ_UQ_at_[hidden]>,
Andrew Hundt <athundt_at_[hidden]> writes
>I believe the Boost.math toolkit mathematical constants are an extremely
>useful feature, yet it is extremely difficult to find. Every time I try to
>browse to it I try searching boost.org/libs, then try the math library page
>and cannot find the links at either of those locations. In fact, I'm not
>exactly sure how to browse to it and instead use saved bookmarks. I it
>would be worthwhile if there was some direct link or mention of it on
>boost.org/libs/math at minimum, and possibly even directly on boost.org/libs
>.
>
>Here is the mathematical constants page I am referring to:
>http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/release/libs/math/doc/sf_and_dist/html/mat
>h_toolkit/constants.html
>
>Any thoughts on this idea?
>
>Cheers!
>Andrew Hundt

+1

ISTM that the content is v. and quite frequently useful. And, of
course, many thanks to the contributors here.

On
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_53_0/libs/math/doc/sf_and_dist/html/math_
toolkit/constants/constants.html ,
the text of the Uses and Rationale entries for two_thirds_pi and
four_thirds_pi, seem to be incorrect to me. No?

Alec

--
Alec Ross