Subject: Re: [boost] Git Modularization Ready for Review
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-05 10:01:24

On Sat, May 4, 2013 at 3:08 PM, Dave Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> After substantial work, including massive changes by me and Daniel

See https://github.com/ryppl/Boost2Git/commits to get an idea of how
big a job this was. The commit list is endless.

Dave and Daniel deserve special thanks for carrying this project through!

> Pfeifer to KDE's svn->Git conversion tool, we have captured every Boost
> SVN commit in a Git repository. You can view the results at
>
> http://github.com/boostorg
> http://bitbucket.org/boostorg
>
> or you can pull from these repositories and view them in your local
> browser.

What is the story on branches and branch names? The Boost.System
release branch is there, but https://github.com/boostorg/system shows
34 branches, and it looks like most of those are branches for other
libraries that happened to include a Boost.System component. I suppose
Git has a way to blow the unwanted branches away from the system repo?

How close are we to being able to experiment with modular boost? Do we
know what the updated
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/TryModBoost instructions are?

Many thanks,

--Beman