Subject: Re: [boost] [GitHelp] bootstrap.bat calls missing build.bat
From: Richard (legalize+jeeves_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-07 09:40:33

boost_at_[hidden] spake the secret code
<CAJcCCPNs8sKfSWTgqZr-1VViDOAtQA_CUmRV0LQ3zqQi2Mmyww_at_[hidden]> thusly:

>Those instructions are out of date, they don't work.

Where can I find current instructions?

>> I didn't have CMake; is this why I experience a problem?
>
>It certainly won't help! It clearly says CMake is a prerequisite, but
>those instructions still wouldn't work even if you had it.

Yes, but I also read (mailing list? wiki? can't remember) that CMake
was not intended to be a permanent requirement and only transitory.

Given that the input file, forward_headers.cmake, wasn't present in
the cloned repository, I don't see how the CMake command would have
succeeded.

Since the aforementioned file wasn't present, I was guessing that
CMake was no longer required and that the instructions were stale.

I guessed correctly on one of those counts :).

     The Computer Graphics Museum <http://computergraphicsmuseum.org>
  Legalize Adulthood! (my blog) <http://legalizeadulthood.wordpress.com>