Subject: Re: [boost] [GitHelp] bootstrap.bat calls missing build.bat
From: Jonathan Wakely (jwakely.boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-07 09:47:18

On 7 May 2013 14:40, Richard wrote:

>>Those instructions are out of date, they don't work.
>
> Where can I find current instructions?

There aren't any. The notice at the top of the page says they'll be
updated, but it hasn't happened yet.

>>> I didn't have CMake; is this why I experience a problem?
>>
>>It certainly won't help! It clearly says CMake is a prerequisite, but
>>those instructions still wouldn't work even if you had it.
>
> Yes, but I also read (mailing list? wiki? can't remember) that CMake
> was not intended to be a permanent requirement and only transitory.

It says it right there on that page: "The plan is to eliminate this
prerequisite before the actual conversion."

Maybe that's already happened, I don't know, but those old
instructions don't work.