Subject: Re: [boost] Git Modularization Ready for Review
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-08 21:54:03

On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 7:00 PM, Daniel James <daniel_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On 6 May 2013 16:32, Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> One more precise question: Are we still planning to map trunk->develop
>> and branches/release->master?
>
> I'd hope not, the useful history is in trunk.

IIUC, It is really just a renaming, so the history is still there. If
you do a log on develop you will see all the history from what used to
be called trunk.

Part of why I consider the mapping (or, if you prefer, renaming) to be
so important is that we need to verify that the history follows along
and is not disrupted.

--Beman