Subject: Re: [boost] The file boost/detail/endian.hpp needs to be set up for your CPU type
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-09 10:55:12

http://isocpp.org/std/submit-a-proposal

> I'll do it. This is a
> problem that probably comes up a lot, people then figure out some clumsy
> workaround and then forget about it. These workarounds are just that, and
> they impact the bottom line as programmers try and figure out some way of
> figuring them out.
>
> This should be standard. No workaround required.

Jonathan hit the nail on the head.The C++ standard is essentially an
open source software project staffed entirely by volunteers. There is
no such thing as something that "should be standard" - there are only
things that someone has written a proposal for, and then gone to the
trouble of shepherding through the standardization process.

--Beman