Subject: Re: [boost] [GSOC] XML library of Boost
From: Richard (legalize+jeeves_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-09 20:59:38

boost_at_[hidden] spake the secret code
<518C302F.6000707_at_[hidden]> thusly:

>What applications will develop from such an XML API?

One area where I can tell you that we had difficulty with C++ was
attempting to operate on COLLADA documents.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COLLADA>

The documents are very, very large and achieving efficient
import/export for large 3D models was difficult. We swithced between
several different XML libraries, first starting with free ones and
then switching to commercial libraries. In the end, we made it work
reasonably well, but it was a very painful experience and the memory
usage and runtime performance of several libraries was very painful.

     The Computer Graphics Museum <http://computergraphicsmuseum.org>
  Legalize Adulthood! (my blog) <http://legalizeadulthood.wordpress.com>