Subject: Re: [boost] Git Modularization Ready for Review
From: Jürgen Hunold (jhunold_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-13 04:28:04

Hi Dave,

On Saturday, 4. May 2013 12:08:22 Dave Abrahams wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> After substantial work, including massive changes by me and Daniel
> Pfeifer to KDE's svn->Git conversion tool, we have captured every Boost
> SVN commit in a Git repository.

Thanks for the work. Having done CVS -> svn myself, I really appreciate this.

> You can view the results at
>
> http://github.com/boostorg
> http://bitbucket.org/boostorg

I have some questions concerning the Boost.Build conversion.

The repository at

https://github.com/boostorg/build

contains a "buildv2" directory containing the Boost.Build .jam files and
"jamsrc" directory containing the c sources.

The original idee from Volodya was to completely remove the "v2" subdirectory
and put everything current in "tools/build/v2/" in the toplevel directory. I
would expect the contents of "tools/build/v2/" in the toplevel directory,
especially the c sources in their new location "engine".

I have scanned the conversion rules but can not find the relocation
information. Can you please take a look at this as this seems gone wrong
somehow?

The other idea would be to keep the "v2" directory for now and move everything
thing up vai git after the conversion.

Yours,

Jürgen

--
* Dipl.-Math. Jürgen Hunold  !
* voice: ++49 4257 300       ! Fährstraße 1