Subject: Re: [boost] C++03 and C++11 ABI compatibility for compiled libraries
From: Lars Viklund (zao_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-14 05:20:55

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 11:06:34AM +0200, Mathias Gaunard wrote:
> On 14/05/13 05:21, Andrey Semashev wrote:
>>>
>>> Not on windows.
>>
>> There is no common place for libraries on Windows, so you can arrange them the
>> way you like for your project.
>
> There is a common place for dlls, and it is indeed two different
> directories for 32 and 64 bit.

Noting of course that system32 and syswow64 are completely off limits to
end users and end user applications.

Anyone who puts anything in there in this day and age I will personally
keelhaul for polluting system directories.

It's bad enough that people pollute the %PATH% with DLLs, keep them out
of the system directories.

The recommended way to deploy third party libraries is to bundle them in
the application directory and keep them out of %PATH%.

--
Lars Viklund | zao_at_[hidden]