Subject: Re: [boost] C++03 and C++11 ABI compatibility for compiled libraries
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-14 05:33:48

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 1:06 PM, Mathias Gaunard <
mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On 14/05/13 05:21, Andrey Semashev wrote:

>>> Not on windows.
>>>

>> There is no common place for libraries on Windows, so you can arrange
>> them the
>> way you like for your project.
>>

> There is a common place for dlls, and it is indeed two different
> directories for 32 and 64 bit.

I was referring to the libraries you would link your application with (i.e.
*.lib).

Regarding built dlls I mentioned earlier that on Windows it is typical to
distribute applications with their own set of libraries. So on Windows the
ABI incompatibility between C++03 and C++11 is mostly non-issue. The
exception is Cygwin, which still needs different library names.