Subject: Re: [boost] Git Modularization Ready for Review
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-15 15:59:28

On Sat, May 4, 2013 at 11:08 PM, Dave Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Daniel and I are ready to accept your feedback on the results of
> modularization, and especially your pull requests containing edits to
> the ruleset. I will the steering committee to establish a formal review
> period, though.

I'm not sure if this is a problem and should be fixed, but Boost.Log
currently uses some configuration projects that reside in Boost.Context
(while Boost.Context itself is not used). Basically,
libs/log/build/log-architecture.jam uses /boost/architecture//* projects
that happen to reside in libs/context/config. I know, hijacking configure
projects like that may not be a good thing but it seemed better than
duplicating them in Boost.Log. Also, /boost/architecture//* doesn't imply
any relation to Boost.Context in the first place. Additionally, I have a
few configure projects of my own in libs/log/config that might be useful
for other libraries.

So, what I'm asking is:

1. Will this work after modulatization? Does it mean that Boost.Log will
not compile without Boost.Context?
2. Maybe it's worth to move all such configure projects to some common
place accessible to all libraries? What that place could be?