Subject: Re: [boost] Git Modularization Review no vote heads-up
From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-21 10:52:07

On 21.05.2013 01:21, Bjørn Roald wrote:
> do you have a plan for how the top level scripts can work in both the
> svn and the git environments prior to transition if you change
> tools/build/v2 to tools/build?

Even with my limited bash-fu, that is perfectly doable.

>> >Nevertheless +1 for "tools/build" from my side if this works smoothly.
>
> I propose to keep tools/build/v2 until all work is transitioned to git.
> Then moving content of tools/build/v2 to tools/build is simple within
> build submodule repository and the corresponding boost meta repository
> can have modified top level scripts.

To be honest, I don't trust git move (or lack thereof) and not really looking
forward to spending an evening with company of 'git filter-branch'. If an
infrastructure for svn to git conversion is already developed, why not create
the layout that is right?

Thanks,
Volodya