Subject: Re: [boost] Git Modularization hiccups
From: Mathias Gaunard (mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-24 05:56:19

On 24/05/13 11:03, Paul A. Bristow wrote:

> This caused quite a bit of grief with the several types of files in documentation, like jpg, svg,
> png, and others I don't recall immediately.
>
> Finding that you can't commit is really unwanted when you are fumbling with a new tool like GIT.

Disabling the Git feature that automatically converts unix line endings
to windows line endings allows to avoid all line endings problems, but
requires that you edit all files with a text editor that supports unix
line endings.

> These were missing from the SVN setup file suggested as standard. My current list is
>
> <snip svn props />
>
> I hope we will have all of these - and more - including .sh and .bat.

There is no need for all of these. *.sh and configure are the only two
useful ones in that list.
*.bat and *.cmd could be useful, but the value in svn props is wrong, it
should force to CRLF.