Subject: Re: [boost] [1.54.0] Release notes
From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-25 04:28:59
>> * Major reorganization to incorporate other Boost.Math like Integer
>> Utilities LCD, GCM, quaternions and octonions.
>> Making new chapter headings.
> Is that a separate point?
No. Correct text - including the typos Chris spotted:
* Major reorganization to incorporate other Boost.Math like Integer
Utilities LCD, GCM, quaternions and octonions. Making new chapter headings.
* Added many references to Boost.Multiprecision and `cpp_dec_float_50` as an
example of a User-defined Type (UDT).
* Added Clang to list of supported compilers.
* Fixed constants to use a thread-safe cache of computed values when used at
* Added finding zeros of Bessel functions `cyl_bessel_j_zero`,
`cyl_neumann_zero`, `airy_ai_zero` and `airy_bi_zero`(by Christopher
* More accuracy improvements to the Bessel J and Y functions from Rocco
* Fixed nasty cyclic dependency bug that caused some headers to not compile
* Fixed bug in __tgamma that caused spurious overflow for arguments between
142.5 and 143.
* Fixed bug in raise_rounding_error that caused it to return an incorrect
result when throwing an exception is turned off
* Added minimal __float128 support.
* Fixed bug in edge-cases of poisson quantile
* Adjusted heuristics used in Halley iteration to cope with inverting the
incomplete beta in tricky regions
where the derivative is flatlining. Example is computing the quantile of
the Fisher F distribution for probabilities
smaller than machine epsilon. See ticket
>> * Add support for [mpfi].
> Is there meant to be some markup for 'mpfi'?
Ah, cut and paste error :-(
Make that: [@http://perso.ens-lyon.fr/nathalie.revol/software.html MPFI]
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk