Subject: Re: [boost] Is there any interest in a library for actor programming?
From: Brandon Kohn (blkohn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-06-03 09:09:37

On 5/17/2013 5:26 PM, Charousset, Dominik wrote:
> is there any interest in a library for actor programming?
I'm quite interested in this.

> The library we've developed is a C++11 open source library named "libcppa". It is currently released under LGPL2, but re-releasing the library under the boost license is not an issue. You'll find all important links and ressources either under http://libcppa.org or on the GitHub project page: https://github.com/Neverlord/libcppa, including a user manual as HTML or PDF. We've also submitted a paper to the C++Now conference.
I agree that embracing C++11 is great, but would also be curious if a
significant amount of functionality could also work with earlier
versions/compilers by using the boost equivalents. This is perhaps a bit
selfish of me because I work in multi-agent simulation, and our current
code base is locked in msvc-9.0.

Let me know if you'd like any assistance. Your library looks really
nice, and I'd be happy to help.

Cheers,

Brandon