Subject: Re: [boost] Request to contribute boost::FFT
From: Christopher Kormanyos (e_float_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-06-03 15:57:48

>>> Which FFTs did you concentrate on, dimensions, complex, etc.?

>> only 1D complex (radix-2 Cooley-Tukey, Bluestein for non-power-of-2
>> sizes), using std::complex with the multiprecision type.

> Just so you know - std::complex isn't guarenteed to work with user defined
> types (and often doesn't sadly) - we really must get around to adding a
> complex number adapter to the multiprecision lib.

We got close a while ago with the extended complex code
from Matthieu Schaller. I don't know if this is the right ticket.
But it seemed like the right direction last year. As I recall,
Matthieu's code needs to be reviewed and probably needs
to be better documented.

That life-long TODO list keeps getting longer and longer! :-)

Sincerely, Chris.