Subject: Re: [boost] [multiprecision] Are these types suitable as numerictypes for unit tests?
From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-06-11 03:13:12

>> >there is symbol-injection via a using directive in
>> >Boost.Test which, although needed by Boost.Test,
>> >seems to cause the ambiguity.
>>
>> Looking at trunk, the using directive brings the symbols into
>> namespace ::boost::unit_test, not ::boost.
>
> Exactly. There was one or two places where unit_test was injected into
> boost,
> but these are cleared for some time now.

I've no idea frankly *why* the compiler finds those types, but it certainly
does do so - please take a look at the reduced test case in the bug report.
I forget the namespace lookup rules now, but could your enable_if be in an
associated namespace (the namespace of the base class of the unit test case)
that gets searched during name lookup? Either way I believe in the long run
we won't be the only ones hit by this, so I think it should be fixed in
Boost.Test. Renaming those types seems like the easiest option?

Thanks, John.