Subject: Re: [boost] [Multiprecision] High-performance radix-2 floating-pointback-end
From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-06-13 04:39:19

> This is my first post on the mailing list , so apologies if it doesn't
> follow any of the protocols.
>
> I was looking at GSoC projects this year for Boost and I am wondering if
> someone is working on a high-performance radix-2 floating-point back-end
> for Boost.Multiprecision. If not , I would be interested in doing this
> project .I am currently a Masters student interning at a tech company in
> Seattle but I would be able to devote 15-20 hours a week for this project.
> I have a fairly good background in C++ and numerical programming.So in
> case
> no else is working on it (for GSoC or otherwise ) , I would be really
> interested . If someone is already working on it, I would be interested in
> some other projects I could potentially work on .

As Chris has said, the SOC applications are over now and funding allotted,
if you wanted to work on something like that anyway then that would be
great!

I think this is something that both Chris and I have looked at somewhat - I
have a toy implementation based on using cpp_int internally which only does
multiplication and no rounding - maybe one day I'll get back to it...

John.