Subject: Re: [boost] [c++11]
From: Michael Marcin (mike.marcin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-06-17 11:39:10

On 6/17/2013 10:29 AM, Andrey Semashev wrote:

> I know, C++11 has many fancy features and all, and I'm all for its adoption
> too. But Boost also serves practical purpose, and if people can't use your
> library then that just limits its usefulness. So unless you trying to make
> some academic work here, the library should be more portable.

Seems an undue constraint on a new library to me.

Adding a new C++11 library harms no one that doesn't have have a C++11
compiler.

If you need a C++03 version of a C++11 only library and you feel it is
not an unreasonable amount of work to provide you could just fork the
library into your own github and do the backporting.