Subject: Re: [boost] [c++11]
From: Niall Douglas (ndouglas_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-06-17 12:09:30

> I'll be blunt here: taking off my corporate job hat and putting back on my
old
> consulting hat, I'd say it simply: you'll get ~ 90% of the C++ user base
support
> from my open source code for free. If you want more for your niche
technology
> Y, my rates start at $200/hour.

I misphrased myself here: nothing in this statement should be taken as
meaning that I am available for consulting work at any hourly rate since I
began employment at BlackBerry, and my consulting firm is indeed closed for
new business with no prospect of reopening in the immediate future.

I meant my original statement in the sense that wanting compatibility with
some technology Y is something which can't be expected for free in open
source. That includes legacy compilers.

Niall

---
Opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of
BlackBerry Inc.