Subject: Re: [boost] [Spirit] Retrieve informations out of tokens
From: Rob Stewart (robertstewart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-06-27 05:56:07

On Jun 27, 2013, at 3:46 AM, "... ..." <bersac_1_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>> Have you considered using clang directly? It is designed and built for exactly the purpose of using it with auto completion tools, etc.
> Sure if I really need to implement an auto completion tools in one of my program, I would use clang since it seems like it has been tested a lot and is a reference, but the fun is to trying (probably not succeeding, but that's not a problem) to recreate it. But I spend a lot of time trying to understand this boost.spirit, without a lot of rewards, so I am asking this question : who this framework is made for ? For high graded computer scientist of the average programmer (I consider myself as a average programmer) ?

Wrapping your head around Spirit can be daunting. It combines expression templates, type traits, parsing concepts, etc. Whether that's more than you can grasp only you can say.

However, this list is for discussions on the development and maintenance of Boost libraries. It is not for teaching or explaining C++ or Boost libraries.

___
Rob