Subject: Re: [boost] Any interest in bitstream class?
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-06-29 04:11:32

No - but it is very popular and well understood, and simple to use for simple cases, and works well
with the suite of testers on the many platforms. I can't think of any reason why not to use it.

Perhaps a few simple loopback tests are all the is really essential?

(I note, with approval, that lots of potential 'naughty' abuses are already caught by assert
compile-time checks in the code).

And some examples already exist, but a one or two really simple ones would be desirable too. The
latter could be referenced from the Quickbook text as snippets of code.

Paul

PS I will reply privately about prototype docs.

---
Paul A. Bristow,
Prizet Farmhouse, Kendal LA8 8AB  UK
+44 1539 561830  07714330204