Subject: Re: [boost] Patch bonanza for VS2013 Preview support
From: Eric Niebler (eniebler_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-03 13:00:42

On 7/3/2013 8:34 AM, Niall Douglas wrote:
> Outstanding. I'm also very mean to your std::current_exception()
> implementation by doing evil such as rethrowing and catching exception_ptr's
> caught in other threads during exception catch handling in several hundred
> simultaneous threads. GCC and clang get this right, whereas Nov 2012 CTP has
> some race conditions in there, and it can and does lose state occasionally if
> too many threads are doing this simultaneously.
>
> I didn't report it yet because [...]
<snip>

Please do. A race condition in the C++ runtime is a *very serious* bug.
I know sometimes it seems like MS isn't listening, but as you can see
from Stephan's involvement here, they clearly do, and it has an effect.

When you file the bug, attach a small program that demonstrates the
problem. And say that it affects Boost. That last bit matters, apparently.

--
Eric Niebler
Boost.org