Subject: Re: [boost] Extremely large Visual Studio libboost_log_setup* binaries
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-04 02:18:22

On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 9:27 AM, Antony Polukhin <antoshkka_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> 2013/7/3 Andrey Semashev <andrey.semashev_at_[hidden]>
>
> > On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 10:18 PM, Antony Polukhin <antoshkka_at_[hidden]
> > >wrote:
> >

> > > I'll just explain what confuses me:
> > > * Stripped logger library is bigger than any other Boost library.
> > >

> > So what?
> >

> Support library for logging is bigger than other libraries (including wave
> and serialization). You think that it is OK?

I don't see anything wrong with it. As well as I don't see the point in
comparing their sizes, unless you have specific requirements.

Do not mix chops and flies. Binaries size and duplicate functionality are
> different points.

I don't mix anything. The discussion is about binary sizes.

> Do I really need to explain why duplicating code/functionality is bad?

No you don't. Do I need to repeat myself about the reasons behind that code?