Subject: Re: [boost] boost-1.54 needs a bugfix!
From: Daniel James (daniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-06 18:29:20

On 6 July 2013 21:28, Steve M. Robbins <steve_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On July 3, 2013 05:14:07 PM Daniel James wrote:
>
>> I created a maintenance branch at:
>>
>> https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/branches/maintenance/1_54_0
>>
>> And have merged in that change, and the coroutine change. I'll put
>> them somewhere on the website soon-ish.
>
> Thanks, that's helpful. I'd like to diff that against the boost release
> tarball to generate a patch for Debian.
>
> However I notice dozens of timestamp changes such as the following that
> obscure the substantive changes. Any idea why these exist?

Because subversion is odd? It might be something to do with the way I
merged it, but I'm not sure. Maybe a subversion branch isn't the best
option. If we ever modularize, I assume you'll initially want patches
against the monolithic release, rather than modules. So it'll either
have to be a separate repo, or we'll have to work out some way to
generate useful patches. Also, the subversion branch won't really work
for documentation fixes. We've got them in a very awkward form at:

http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/website/public_html/live/doc/fixes/
http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/website/public_html/live/doc/libs/

Anyway, I've put clean patches on the website, there's a page at:

http://www.boost.org/patches/

It's very basic at the moment.