Subject: Re: [boost] boost-1.54 needs a bugfix!
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-07 04:12:04

On Sunday 07 July 2013 08:59:33 Bronek Kozicki wrote:
> On 02/07/2013 09:19, John Maddock wrote:
> > Where are we with the move to git?
> >
> > Assuming the move to git is to take place before the next release, and
> > assuming that's going to be a longer than normal schedule I'd suggest
> > that we either:
> >
> > * Slip out 1.55 on a shorter than usual cycle (no new libraries?) to be
> > completed before the move to git begins, or...
> > * Put out a 1.54.1 with bug fixes only on a short 2-3 week cycle, again
> > before the move to git.
>
> Since Daniel already created svn branch for 1.54 maintenance release may
> I suggest 1.54.1 is released in (small) few weeks time, with all the
> fixes brought up? It would help deployments in commercial environments
> where "1.54.1" is actual version of library one may download from boost,
> rather than 1.54.0 + (more or less) random collection of patches.

In that case testers would have to run tests on this branch at least on a few
key platforms. I believe this (and the lack of time of release managers) is
the main reason why we're lacking point releases.

While we're at it, what is the status of the mentioned branch? E.g. if it is
targeted for post-release fixes, am I allowed to backport fixes in my library
to it? After tests passed on trunk, of course.