Subject: Re: [boost] Interest in a 'Boost.property' library?
From: Evgeny Panasyuk (evgeny.panasyuk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-08 15:35:46

08.07.2013 21:32, Klaim - Joël Lamotte:
>> I think need for properties-like things may arise IFF: "property"'s
>> set/get need access to enveloping object or set/get should be overridable
>> by enveloping class descendants, while keeping same syntax.
>
> Which actually happen a lot,

Well, maybe. As I said - it is possible that there are some application
domains where they are needed frequently.

> like when you want to have vectors and strings
> in that data.

It is interesting to see such examples. If there will be property
library in Boost - motivation examples are needed in any case.

> So it's worth having a solution for it, but I don't believe in a
> non-language feature for it or not relying on Reflection.

I agree, some library-based solution would not hurt, but again - it
should be mature and provide convenient/concise interface.

--
Evgeny Panasyuk