Subject: Re: [boost] Patch bonanza for VS2013 Preview support
From: Domagoj Saric (dsaritz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-08 17:07:28

On 4.7.2013. 8:24, Mathias Gaunard wrote:
> On 04/07/13 02:31, Stephan T. Lavavej wrote:
>
>> I have the luxury of targeting a single compiler version. Although
>> Boost targets multiple compiler versions, I'd recommend a policy of
>> supporting the current and previous major versions only (excluding
>> pre-RTM major versions). People using old compilers can use old Boosts.
>
> Some people still have incentive to get all of current Boost to work
> with Visual C++ 2008 and up.
> I don't think it's a good thing to disregard the community's needs.

This goes both ways: developers forced to support old tools (aka
"honoring often irrational or 'paranoid' company policies") ==
developers forced to devote less time to actually developing their
libraries (aka "serving comunity's needs")...
...especially true if the tools are actually free (VC++ express still is)...
I second Stephen's proposal...

--
"What Huxley teaches is that in the age of advanced technology,
spiritual devastation is more likely to come from an enemy with a