Subject: [boost] [gil] Portability of new code issue.
From: Harg Tholan (hargtholan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-11 08:19:33

Hi all,

Christian has been working on some new features for GIL, such code works
fine in Windows 7 with VS11, but it will fail to compile with GCC in Debian
Wheezy. I've been trying to figure out why is this failing and possible
workarounds with no success.

For those with time wanting to help:

1. You will need boost-trunk.
2. I have attached the "bleeding edge" code (a pair of .hpp) as well as a
test case.
3. Compile: g++ subsampled_test.cpp -o ss -lboost_unittesting_framework

My Compiler Version: g++ (Debian 4.7.2-5) 4.7.2
Errors: yuv_image.hpp:234:38: error: expected primary-expression before
‘,’ token
             subsampled_test.cpp:28:41: required from here
../yuv_image.hpp:234:5:
             error: ISO C++ forbids comparison between pointer and integer

Note: I have attached the code here because I had to fix some template
code, adding/removing 'tyepename', as well as prevention of template
parameter shadowing. As you already know, Microsoft's compiler is very
'flexible', allowing non-standard code to compile.

Regards,
Juan.