Subject: Re: [boost] [mixin] New library reminder
From: Klaim - Joël Lamotte (mjklaim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-13 09:02:10

On Sat, Jul 13, 2013 at 2:40 PM, Borislav Stanimirov <b.stanimirov_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> I now understand what you mean by two worlds. I'll think about what can be
> done in the library to accommodate for such a case. For now it won't be
> possible to separate the logic between two sets of objects.

My suggestion in the previous mail would be to allow to specify an
allocator instance on boost::mixin::object construction.
That would solve the problem immediately on the interface and semantic
level, but I have no idea what impact it have on the library implementation.

> The library provides something that's vaguely similar to this: domains.
> The domain is a set of mixins and messages that don't mix. You could add
> the same class and same messages to many domains and thus you'll be able to
> have your two worlds, but you won't be able to have N worlds, because
> you'll have to have the code
>
> BOOST_DEFINE_MIXIN_IN_DOMAIN(**domain_a, some_mixin, features &
> a_allocator);
> BOOST_DEFINE_MIXIN_IN_DOMAIN(**domain_b, some_mixin, features &
> b_allocator);
>
> But if the number of worlds is determined at runtime, this won't help you,
> plus managing will be a real nightmare with all the same internally
> generated names.

Yeah it's not useful at least in my use cases.

> Still I think I'll be able to do something in this regard. I'll think
> about it.

Thanks! :)

Joel Lamotte