Subject: [boost] Boost Mingw w64 compilation issues and fixes
From: Andrew Ho (helloworld922_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-13 19:32:28

Hi, I've been working on getting Boost to compile properly with Mingw w64 on
Windows x64 (specifically, Mingw w64 with GCC 4.8.1 rev 2/Windows threads,
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingwbuilds/files/host-
windows/releases/4.8.1/64-bit/threads-win32/seh/).

Link to trac bug reports/patches:

Boost config/Boost thread: https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/8817
I believe this fix works with all target platforms, though I can't test with
Windows CE to verify that it works. At least works with VS2012 and Mingw
w64.

Boost Python: https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/8818
This fix again works with VS2012 and Mingw w64. It moves an #undef hypot
directive (which python.h unfortunately uses) to be used any time python.h
decides it needs to define it. I don't know if any platforms/compilers rely
on having hypot being defined as a macro. Doesn't link for me because I
think the official Windows Python release is built with VS, I'll need to
find/build Python with Mingw w64 to see if it works.

Boost Log: https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/8819 (apparently has
already been reported as https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/8786)

Boost Math: TBD
There is some compile error with Boost Math which is causing my compiler to
crash. I don't know if this is on the Boost Math side, or is a bug with
Mingw w64. I'll submit a bug report and possibly a patch when I have a bit
more time to dig into the issue.

I think these are the main outstanding issues with getting Boost to compile
with Mingw w64 on x64 Windows. I was able to get everything else to compile
smoothly with Mingw w64 and VS2012 (targeting x64).