Subject: Re: [boost] Git Modularization example Boost .gitattributes
From: Dave Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-15 11:27:17

on Fri May 24 2013, Niall Douglas <ndouglas-AT-blackberry.com> wrote:

>> > Shouldn't the repositories contain a .gitattributes file indicating the
>> > eol flavor to be used for text files where it has significance?
>>
>> Perhaps! I don't know anything about .gitattributes. Where can I find
>> out more?
>
> Dave,
>
> I can probably save you some work here with my "perfect" mirror of Boost's
> EOL and MIME type config into a .gitattributes with which I configured my
> subgit to mirror my git repo into Boost sandbox. Taken from
> https://github.com/ned14/TripleGit/blob/master/.gitattributes:

<snip>

> Hope that's useful.

Very much so! I've arranged to have it injected into the root of every
converted Git repository. It's missing from
http://github.com/boostorg/boost at the moment but I hope once
http://jenkins.boost.org/job/Boost2Git/2119 completes, it'll be there.

Would you be willing to work with Boosters to correct any related
line-ending/MIME issues? I'll happily give you commit rights to the
repository at
https://github.com/ryppl/Boost2Git/blob/master/dot_gitattributes

--
Dave Abrahams