Subject: Re: [boost] Status of various Boost initiatives?
From: Dave Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-15 23:45:38

on Mon Jul 15 2013, "Paul A. Bristow" <pbristow-AT-hetp.u-net.com> wrote:

> [...]

*Any* thought? Of course!

> I've recently converted some documentation

Converted it to what?

> and though the conversion itself was quite painless, the links to
> icons, examples, tests, other Boost library documentation and files
> caused me some trouble, and would appear likely to be disrupted by
> GITerization, potentially causing some serious work, especially for
> big libraries (no prizes for guessing which I particularly have in
> mind ;).

Yes, we might want to create a repository for common resources that
individual libraries can include as a submodule. But I do expect paths
to need adjustment.

> However, don't let me distract from the major task of getting the code
> and history converted.
>
> I'm just raising a flag that this might be a significant issue for the
> future.

Maybe I'm missing something, but nothing you're describing sounds like
it could possibly be a significant issue compared to the general
problem of Git conversion and modularization.

--
Dave Abrahams