Subject: Re: [boost] Announcing boost dependency analyzer
From: Petr Machata (pmachata_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-23 07:12:50

"Jens Weller" <JensWeller_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Full information + download you'll find at my blogpost:
> http://www.meetingcpp.com/index.php/br/items/boost-dependency-analyzer.html

This is interesting to me--I wanted to look into shipping certain boost
libraries separately in Fedora. Currently we have a huge boost-devel
that ships the whole boost/ subtree. That made sense back in 1.33
timeframe, but it makes less and less sense with every new release.
Unfortunately the Boost dependency graph is as huge a hairball as I was
afraid :-/

[Actually, more useful to me would be something scriptable. All that
GUI stuff, frankly, is juts a distraction to me--though it does produce
nice graphs :) (BTW, did you use graphviz, or is that custom-coded?).]

Do you plan to make this tool open source?

Thanks,
PM