Subject: Re: [boost] Announcing boost dependency analyzer
From: Jens Weller (JensWeller_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-23 07:25:26

> Gesendet: Dienstag, 23. Juli 2013 um 13:12 Uhr
> Von: "Petr Machata" <pmachata_at_[hidden]>
> An: boost_at_[hidden]
> Cc: boost-users_at_[hidden]
> Betreff: Re: [boost] Announcing boost dependency analyzer
>
> "Jens Weller" <JensWeller_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
> > Full information + download you'll find at my blogpost:
> > http://www.meetingcpp.com/index.php/br/items/boost-dependency-analyzer.html
>
> This is interesting to me--I wanted to look into shipping certain boost
> libraries separately in Fedora. Currently we have a huge boost-devel
> that ships the whole boost/ subtree. That made sense back in 1.33
> timeframe, but it makes less and less sense with every new release.
> Unfortunately the Boost dependency graph is as huge a hairball as I was
> afraid :-/

Hi, thanks for the feedback. Yes, dependency graph for boost is quite large...
I think with boost in git and modules available, this is going to improve.

> [Actually, more useful to me would be something scriptable. All that
> GUI stuff, frankly, is juts a distraction to me--though it does produce
> nice graphs :) (BTW, did you use graphviz, or is that custom-coded?).]

Well, not yet. I think about using boost graph graphviz export, thats one of the planned features.
The layout is currently based on boost graph layouts algorithms.

There is a /data directory after you've run the first analysis, with a SQLITE database, might be helpful for you.

> Do you plan to make this tool open source?

Maybe yes ;) A feature release on github as GPL is planned. Not sure when. busy times.

kind regards,

Jens Weller