Subject: Re: [boost] Line endings fixes
From: Jürgen Hunold (jhunold_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-31 05:14:34

Hi Vitaly,

I'm CC#ing this to Dave as this might go below the radar.

On Tuesday, 30. July 2013 00:33:53 Vitaly Budovski wrote:
> Please see the attached files. boost_endings1.patch just sets some of
> the cpp and other text files to have file endings consistent with the
> rest of the repository.

Patch applies, but I think svn:eol-styles might be missing.

> boost_endings2.patch may be controversial as it does the same but for
> the svg files. Some of them are marked as text, others as binary. It's
> a real mess. Most of the svg files are generated from other sources so
> should probably be omitted from the repository and simply regenerated
> when docs are built.

eol-style setting here again. Please note that generated documentation is
allowed to be checked in.

> Came across these issues when checking out the modularised boost git
> repository.

Right, please add [git] to your subject next time to get attention of the
conversion team.

For the record: Those line endings lead to instant modified git checkout when
using modularised boost. I think this is due to the conversion settings and/or
missing svn:eol-style.

Yours,

Jürgen

--
* Dipl.-Math. Jürgen Hunold  !
* voice: ++49 4257 300       ! Fährstraße 1