Subject: Re: [boost] [boost thread] Catching interrupted exception?
From: Philip Bennefall (philip_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-31 16:54:00

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rob Stewart" <robertstewart_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 10:47 PM

On Jul 31, 2013, at 4:32 PM, Philip Bennefall <philip_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I am making fairly heavy use of the interrupt method call of the thread
> class, and I am wondering whether I should be catching the
> boost::thread_interrupted exception from within my thread function? I
> currently do not and my program runs fine, but I am wondering whether this
> is defined behavior or whether I should always be catching the exception
> and returning from the function inside the handler?

If you don't need to react to the interruption, what you're doing is just
fine.

Thanks, Rob. I just want to terminate the thread as soon as possible so the
behavior I am seeing is what I expect and wish for; I just wanted to make
sure it was defined behavior and not just some implementation detail.

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall