Subject: Re: [boost] Line endings fixes
From: Vitaly Budovski (vbudovski+news_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-31 19:23:26

Hi Juergen,

I've had a look and the svn:eol-style property seems to be present in
the patches. Perhaps I've missed a file or two?

Dave,

I've had a look at the dot_gitattributes file and there doesn't seem
to be anything wrong with it. The main issue is that there are a lot
of inconsistencies with files of the same extension, so pretty much no
matter what you change in the .gitattributes you will end up with
issues. For the svg, we could change the type to binary, but that
would potentially create a lot of noisy commits if people regenerate
them on different platforms. It seems like the only proper fix is to
correct the problems at the source. Maybe I've missed something
though. Could you please explain what you had in mind?

Regards,

Vitaly