Subject: [boost] Pre-build MSVC Boost binaries
From: Fredrik Orderud (forderud_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-31 09:22:56

Over the last year, I've set up a small SourceForge "WinBin" project [1]
for distributing Microsoft Windows binaries for Boost (and some other
projects). The repository is sorted by Boost version, compiler version and
shared vs. static linking. Each file archive contains pre-build boost in
debug/release for both 32/64-bit, following a include/lib[64]/bin[64]
folder structure.

There also seems to be some other sources for pre-built boost around (e.g.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/boost/files/boost-binaries/ and
http://boost.teeks99.com/bin/). However, these do not seem to provide boost
built for both static and shared linking. Also, they do not appear to
adhere to the "quasi standard" include/lib[64]/bin[64] folder naming
convention used by many libraries. Finally, they seem to lack information
on which version of python (and possibly other 3rd party SW) they are
compiled against. Therefore, I decided to set up my own boost-binaries
webpage.

Please let me know if you might be interested in either improving the
"WinBin" project, or somehow joining forces to merge the various sources of
Boost binaries into a single, more "authoritative" repository. I would be
more than happy to shut WinBin down if "similar enough" binaries can be
downloaded elsewhere.

Thanks in advance,
Fredrik Orderud

[1] https://sourceforge.net/projects/winbin/files/boost/