Subject: Re: [boost] [boost/spirit] numeric policy
From: Brian Schrom (brian.schrom_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-08-07 15:23:26

On 08/07/2013 11:28 AM, Richard wrote:
> Brian, whatever you're using to nicely right-justify your messages as
> above is reformatting your patch which makes it rather useless:

Thank you for letting me know. Patch attached.

The same caveats as I had before:

Thank you. The patch (against svn trunk as of 2013-08-01) I have so far
is quite small, so I in-lined it below. Without knowing a whole lot
more about Spirit, this is my best guess for the files that would need
changing.

I built the resultant quickbook and ran the spirit unit tests, though
some are failing trunk on my gcc version 4.7.3 setup, but appear to be
unrelated to this change. I'm still not 100% sure that this is a proper
approach to the problem. For instance, maybe the policy should be
initializing the value, and that is incorporated into the begin/init or
separate.

If you feel that this approach is appropriate, I can do some small
additional changes to conform to the code base properly if I know what
they are. If there is substantial effort to get where it needs to be,
it is probably not worth your time right now and the patch can be
archived in the mailing list if it's useful for a later time.

Brian