Subject: [boost] Endian Library?
From: Andrew Ho (helloworld922_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-08-14 04:41:30

Hi, I'm curious what the status for endian/byte order support in Boost is
(namely, detecting system byte order and swapping between byte orders)?

I did a quick search of the include dir and it seems that Spirit has some
endian support, though I haven't found any documentation.

There's also boost/detail/endian.hpp which has detection of the endian-ness,
but doesn't provide any structure for switching between endians/byte-orders.

I also found endian.h in predef, which appears to do something similar to
boost/detail/endian.hpp.

Searching through the list, there were at least 2 different proposals for
Boost.Endian (a few years ago), though as far as I can tell neither of these
implementations were formally adopted into Boost.

I couldn't find any reason why they weren't included.